Weddings in Knysna
The Elephant Hide of Knysna Guest Lodge is a small, intimate and very private venue situated on the Welbedacht clifftops. The spectacular views over Knysna Lagoon offer a stunning back-drop for your special day making this venue perfect for your Knysna wedding. The lodge can assist with both the ceremony and the reception of up to 50 guests comfortably. Our wooden deck and pool area overlooks the lagoon, where the sun sets behind the mountains – a very special and romantic venue to tie the knot. The reception area has a large, cosy fireplace which adds a glow on cooler days.
Our wedding package includes our 4-STAR accommodation, consisting of 7 suites (14 adults and 2 children) allowing you to have exclusive use of the entire lodge for this special occasion.
Louise Robinson, our in-house Wedding Co-ordinator and qualified Cordon Bleu Chef, is available to assist you with every last important detail, help set up and accommodate your budget, designing a menu to suit your theme… blending with your favourite dishes and tastes… answer all your questions and make sure the day is one you will never forget. She works with professional and reliable service providers who all have the same high standard of service.
Both Plated and Buffet Menus are available, for example:
- Cold smoked tuna carpaccio served with creamed cheese, wasabi, soya sauce & pickled ginger mini kitke.
- Lime & lemongrass Sorbet
- Ostrich fillet with a wild mushroom sauce, roasted vegetables served with a potato & parmesan timbale.
- A selection of cheeses served with hazelnut biscuits & preserves.
- Rich chocolate torte with white chocolate ice-cream
- Buffet canapes.
- Carrot & coriander soup sips with garlic croutons.
- Mini Thai chicken burgers.
- Fresh oysters topped with a lime, chilli & coriander salsa.
- Bobotie springrolls with mint chutney.
- Sushi Phyllo tartlets filled with roasted red pepper, pesto & goats cheese.
- Pork medallions with an orange & pecan nut sauce.
- Fresh Linefish in a Thai green curry broth.
- Blackened chicken breast with a mango, avo & coriander salsa.
- Roasted rosemary new potatoes.
- Fragrant rice.
- Roasted vegetables.
- Gourmet salad of roasted butternut, beetroot, rocket, goats cheese & hazelnuts.
- Crunchy thai cabbage salad.
- Fruit kebabs drizzled with a lemongrass syrup.
- Berry Cheesecake.
With a Theme – African Flair :
- 3 courses all plated.
- Seafood Potjie Soup OR Bobotie springrolls with a dipping sauce.
- Mini corn bread loaves.
- Slow-cooked lamb shanks served on sweet potato mash & smoked paprika-roasted vegetables.
- Chocolate mousse in a chocolate potjie pot with a chocolate porcupine quill.ORTrio of African desserts: Mini Koeksisters, mini milktarts, mini malva puddings with custard garnished with a chocolate porcupine quill.
“I have a love for what I do. Seeing a happy bride with a smile on her face as her groom wipes tears from his eyes, brings true satisfaction to my work. Understanding what you want for your day & putting it all together in its place so that everything runs smoothly, is my first priority!”
- Weddings in Knysna